The Information Technology Department provides the Government with information and guidance on all technology related matters. The Government of Assam has been effectively and successfully using information technology to fulfill the technical requirements of the state, thereby bringing about economic prosperity to all sections of the society.
The major activities of the department are:
- To use information technology to enhance the performance and effectiveness of the development programs in the State.
- To facilitate the establishment of Common Service Centers across the state.
- To improve the basic IT infrastructure across the state covering both rural and urban areas.
- To effectively use IT to bring about economic prosperity in all sections of the society.
- To advise the Government of Assam on all IT related matters.
- To function as an administrative body for all IT matters of the Government of Assam.